The nVent RAYCHEM E-100 end seal kit is an above insulation end seal kit for RAYCHEM BTV, QTVR, XTV, KTV, or VPL industrial parallel heating cables used in tank heating applications. It is approved by FM, CSA, and PTB for use in hazardous locations. The E-100 is mounted on the pipe and projects through the thermal insulation and cladding for ease of maintenance.
Chemical and Pharmaceutical
Food and Beverage
Oil and Gas
- All connection kits used to terminate heating cables, including power connectors, splices, tees, and connectors shall be approved for the respective area classification and approved as a system with the particular type of heating cable in use. Under no circumstances shall terminations be used which are manufactured by a vendor other than the cable manufacturer.
- In order to keep connections dry and corrosion resistant, connection kits shall be constructed of nonmetallic, electrostatic, charge-resistant, glass-filled, engineered polymer enclosure rated NEMA 4X. The connection kit stand shall allow for up to four inches (100 mm) of thermal insulation.
- Terminals shall be spring clamp wire connection type to provide reliable connection, maintenance-free operation, and ease of reentry.
- The connection kit shall use cold-applied materials and shall not require the use of a heat gun, torch, or hot work permit for installation.
- The connection kit shall be rated to a minimum installation temperature of -40°F (-40°C), minimum usage temperature of -60°F (-50°C), and maximum pipe temperature of 500°F (260°C).
For detailed product specifications, please refer to the product datasheet.
There are no reviews yet.