nVent RAYCHEM IceStop is a roof and gutter de-icing system that provides drain paths for the following applications:
- Roofs made from standard roofing materials, including shake, shingle, rubber, tar, wood, metal, and plastic.
- Gutters made from standard materials, including metal, plastic, and wood.
- Downspouts made from standard materials, including metal and plastic.
The heating element in the IceStop electric heat trace cable consists of a continuous core of conductive polymer extruded between two copper bus wires. As current flows through the core, the IceStop heat trace cable regulates its own heat output in response to ambient conditions. This self-regulating feature eliminates hot spots and results in better temperature control to protect roof and gutter materials. The RAYCHEM IceStop heat trace cable is available with a fluoropolymer outer jacket (-XT) that provides maximum abrasion, chemical, and mechanical resistance; or a polyolefin outer jacket (-X) that is more economical for less demanding applications.
Additional Product information:
- For use in industrial and commercial environments
- The heat trace cable and components are qualified to withstand continuous submersion in water for 2000 hours per IEEE 515.1-1995, Section 4.3.1